less than 30 mins
1 to 2 hours
Soured cream makes this tasty one pot rich and creamy. It’s delicious served with mash or rice.
This hearty hotpot is great for cooking in advance. Once cooked, leave to cool completely and then put in a freezer-proof container. It will last in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- 1 large chicken, jointed (or use 2 large chicken legs and 2 breasts, halved)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- knob butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika, or 1 tbsp each sweet and hot paprika
- 1 tbsp flour
- 285ml/½pint chicken stock
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1cm/0.5in strips
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 250ml/8fl oz soured cream