Easy chicken chow mein
Cook this authentic Chinese chow mein noodle stir-fry in less than ten minutes, adding any crisp seasonal vegetables you fancy.
Each serving provides 580 kcal, 49g protein, 67g carbohydrates (of which 8.5g sugars), 11g fat (of which 2g saturates), 7g fibre and 3.3g salt.
- 150g/5oz medium egg noodles
- dash toasted sesame oil
- 300g/11oz skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tsp chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 150g/5oz bean sprouts
- 1 spring onion, sliced lengthways
- freshly ground black pepper