An easy chicken stroganoff recipe that’s on the table in less than half an hour. Serve with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.
Each serving provides 356 kcal, 34g protein, 9g carbohydrates (of which 8g sugars), 20g fat (of which 11g saturates), 2.5g fibre and 0.4g salt.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 400g/14oz chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 300ml/10fl oz chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 250ml/9fl oz soured cream (use reduced fat soured cream if preferred)
- small handful chopped tarragon or parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper