Chicken noodle salad
This healthy noodle salad is packed with vegetables and flavoured with a spicy, low-fat soy dressing. This is ideal for lunch if you’re on a low-calorie diet of 1200–1500 calories a day.
Each serving provides 404 kcal, 30g protein, 45g carbohydrates (of which 16.5g sugars), 10g fat (of which 2g saturates), 7g fibre and 2g salt.
- 70g/2½oz medium egg noodles
- 50g/1¾oz frozen soya beans or frozen peas
- 1 carrot, peeled
- ½ small red pepper, seeds removed, sliced
- 75g/2¾oz mangetout, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 125g/4½oz)
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced (deseeded if preferred)
- 15g/½oz fresh coriander leaves
- 10g/⅓oz fresh mint leaves
- 15g/½oz roasted cashew nuts, roughly chopped