Creamy mushroom chicken
- spray olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and trimmed (200g/7oz each)
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 fat garlic clove, crushed
- 100g/3½oz mixed or chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 250ml/9fl oz chicken stock (made with ½ a stock cube)
- salt and pepper
- 100ml/3½fl oz half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- 300g/10½oz broccoli, steamed, to serve
Heat the spray oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the chicken breasts and fry for about 10 minutes, or until well browned on both sides. Set aside.
In the same pan, add a little more oil and fry the onion for 2–3 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and fry for another 1–2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry until golden-brown. If they start to stick, add a little stock to the pan.
Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the stock. Bring to the boil. Cover with a tight fitting lid, lower the heat and simmer for 12–15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in boiling salted water until tender.
Stir the crème fraîche and parsley into the sauce and serve immediately with the broccoli.