Chicken and mustard hot pot
This hotpot from Eat Well for Less? is an easy way to use up roast chicken leftovers, including gravy, vegetables and roast potatoes.
Watch the video for three ways to use up leftover roast chicken. Get the Chinese chicken and sweetcorn noodle soup recipe here or find the spiced chicken fajitas recipe here.
- 125g/4½oz leftover roast chicken, torn into strips (darker meat, if possible)
- 160g/5½oz cooked carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 roasted onion, thickly sliced
- 160g/5½oz button mushrooms, halved
- 1 tsp roughly chopped flatleaf parsley
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 200ml/7fl oz leftover chicken gravy
- 300g/10½oz leftover roast potatoes, thickly sliced
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Put the chicken, carrots, roasted onion, button mushrooms and parsley in a small ovenproof dish. Add the grainy mustard and chicken gravy and stir really well until everything is coated in mustard gravy.
Layer the potatoes over the top and bake for 20 minutes until golden-brown and bubbling.
You can use any leftover green veg, such as broccoli, shredded cabbage, or leeks. You could also add a handful of frozen peas.