This easy vegan chana masala recipe gives you a warm, cosy feeling in no time at all. Perfect for any season, this chickpea curry is one to bookmark.
Each serving provides 327 kcal, 14g protein, 39g carbohydrates (of which 14.5g sugars), 10.5g fat (of which 1g saturates), 11g fibre and 0.6g salt.
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm/2in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 red finger chillies, very finely chopped
- 20g/¾oz fresh coriander, finely chopped, reserving a few leaves for garnish
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1–3 tsp caster sugar, to taste (optional)
- pinch salt, to taste
- 1–2 tbsp lemon juice, to taste