Lighter cauliflower cheese
This lighter version of cauliflower cheese is a perfect side to your roast dinner, or with steamed vegetables.
Each serving provides 293 kcal, 14g protein, 26g carbohydrates (of which 14g sugars), 14g fat (of which 8.5g saturates), 5g fibre and 0.6g salt.
- 600ml/1 pint semi-skimmed milk
- 1 onion, very thickly sliced
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 40g/1½oz butter
- 40g/1½oz plain flour
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 40g/1½oz light mature cheddar, grated
- ½ tsp English mustard
- ½ small bunch flatleaf parsley, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper