Carrot, pineapple and walnut cake with cream cheese topping
Chopped tinned pineapple adds sweetness and moisture to this easy carrot cake. Store in the fridge once iced so that the topping stays firm.
For this recipe you will need a 23cm/9in spring-form cake tin.
For the cake
- 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
- 240g/9oz soft light brown sugar
- 200ml/7fl oz vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 250g/8oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 325g/11½oz carrots, peeled and coarsely grated (you’ll need 275g/8oz prepared carrot)
- 75g/2½oz walnut halves, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp flaked sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 227g/8oz can pineapple slices in juice, drained and roughly chopped