Cannellini bean soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 500g/1Ib 2oz cannellini beans, soaked overnight and then boiled and simmered for 1¼ hours
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 200g/8oz carton passata
- 150g/5oz chorizo sausage, chopped
- 570ml/20fl oz/1 pint chicken stock (or 2 stock cubes and 570ml/20fl oz/1 pint boiling water)
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika (pimenton), optional
- foccaccia bread, to serve
In a large casserole dish, heat the olive oil. Add the chopped onions and cook for a few minutes until softened.
Add the peppers and sweet potatoes. Cook for about five minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients.
Bring to the boil and then simmer for an hour.
Serve with focaccia bread.