Bream stuffed with walnuts and pomegranates
Sea bream sings with walnuts and pomegranates in this stunning dish.
- 4 bream (about 350g/12oz each), cleaned, trimmed and scaled
- 3 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 dried red chilli, crumbled
- 100g/3½oz walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for cooking
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp honey
- 30g/1oz coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 100g/3½oz pomegranate seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Make two diagonal cuts in the fish on each side. Season the inside of the fish with salt and pepper.
Mix the remaining ingredients together and season. Put this mixture inside each fish and lay them in a lightly oiled roasting tin, or in two separate oiled roasting tins. Season the outside of the fish and drizzle with olive oil.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Check the fish at its thickest part - the flesh should be white not glassy. If they're not ready, return them to the oven for another 4 minutes or so.
Just before serving, toast the walnuts in a dry pan until fragrant.
Scatter the fish with the walnuts and pomegranate seeds, drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately with lemon wedges.