Black bean curry
This vegetarian black bean curry is so quick and easy, you won’t believe how good it tastes. Serve with freshly cooked basmati rice, coriander leaves, plain yoghurt and lime wedges.
For this recipe you will need a stick blender. Each serving provides 300 kcal, 35g protein, 31g carbohydrates (of which 9g sugars), 12.5g fat (of which 1g saturates), 8g fibre and 1.4g salt.
- 2 tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh root ginger
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 200g/7oz chopped tomatoes, from a tin
- ½ tsp fine sea salt, plus extra to season
- 400g tin black beans, not drained
- squeeze lemon or lime juice