- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp parsley stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chervil, chopped
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 1 tsp English mustard powder
- 150ml/5fl oz light olive oil
- 150ml/5fl oz vegetable oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- squeeze lemon juice
Place the vinegar, parsley stalks and chervil into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer until the volume is reduced to one tablespoon of liquid.
Strain the liquid through a sieve and discard the parsley and chervil.
Place the egg yolks, mustard powder and infused vinegar into a food processor and blend.
With the blender still running, gradually add the oils. Continue to blend the mixture until all the oil has been incorporated and the mixture has thickened.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
To serve, mix the cooked beetroot into the mayonnaise, stir in the chives and serve on a plate with fresh rocket drizzled with olive oil.