- 500g/1lb sirloin steak, trimmed and cut in strips
- olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- ½ red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- ½ green pepper, de-seeded and sliced
- 25g/1oz butter
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 200ml/7fl oz beef stock
- 3 tbsp paprika
- small bunch flatleaf parsley
- 100ml/3½fl oz soured cream
Warm a frying pan on the stove until very hot, then brown the steak (in batches) in a little olive oil.
Colour the onions and peppers in the butter and season. Place in one large pan, together with the browned steak.
Pour in the tomato purée, stock and paprika, season and bring to the boil. Cook for between 20 and 40 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and the flatleaf parsley.