Bean soup with vegan pesto
With a pesto topping, this soup has so much goodness to give: almonds high in essential fats, fibre, anti-inflammatory garlic and plenty of vitamins. Not to mention it’s delicious.
Each serving provides 402 kcal, 13g protein, 27g carbohydrates (of which 8g sugars), 24.5g fat (of which 3g saturates), 12.5g fibre and 1.9g salt.
For the pesto
- 25g/1oz fresh basil leaves
- 25g/1oz spinach, watercress and rocket salad
- 25g/1oz skin-on almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper