Baked chicken, prawn and chorizo rice
This dish is inspired by the Spanish classic paella and is cooked from raw in the oven. The rice can be a little soft, cooking it this way but it's absolutely delicious and so easy!
- 250g/9oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300g/10½oz risotto rice
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 200g/7oz chorizo, thickly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 litre/1¾ pints hot chicken stock
- pinch saffron strands
- 8 large, raw prawns
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Place the cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin and sprinkle over the red onion, garlic and olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
Stir in the rice, chicken, chorizo, rosemary, stock and saffron. Season with salt and pepper, mixing well together. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
Stir in the prawns and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.