Baked cod with herby crust
Baked cod tastes great and it's a healthy option. The breadcrumb coating gives it crunch - so you won't miss the less healthy fried version!
- 2 x 180g/6oz pieces of cod loin
- 2 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs (such as a mixture of chervil, chives, parsley, coriander) - optional
- 1 clove garlic, crushed finely
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 140g/5oz new potatoes, any large ones cut in half
- 160g/6oz fresh or frozen peas
Heat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Mix together the herbs (if using), garlic and oil. Stir in the breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper. Put the fish on a baking sheet and spread the breadcrumb mixture over the fish. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the flesh becomes opaque and flakes easily.
Boil the potatoes in a large pan of water for 12-15 minutes, until cooked through. Boil the peas in a separate pan of water for a few minutes until just cooked. Take the cod out of the oven and serve with the potatoes and peas.