Baked whole trout with a watercress salsa verde
Trout is a great alternative to salmon and cheaper too. Try it served with this fresh salsa for a summer lunch - the citrus will minimise any earthiness in the fish.
Each serving provides 282kcal, 31g protein, 6.5g carbohydrate (of which 1g sugars), 14.5g fat (of which 1g saturates), 1g fibre and 0.3g salt.
- 1 whole trout, scaled and gutted
- ½ bunch tarragon
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 150g/5½oz watercress leaves
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 2 large spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper