Baby squid and sweet potato salad
For the baby squid and sweet potato salad
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g/14oz baby squid, cleaned, sliced into thick rings
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g/9oz fine egg noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 250g/9oz golden sweet potato, peeled, cut into cubes, cooked until tender
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 2 sun-blushed tomatoes, chopped
For the dressing
For the baby squid and sweet potato salad, heat the vegetable oil in a pan and fry the squid rings for 2-3 minutes, or until just opaque. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
Cut the noodles into 5-7cm/2-2.75in pieces and then add to a large bowl along with the sweet potato cubes, spring onions, pumpkin seeds, onion seeds and sun-blushed tomatoes. Stir well to combine.
For the dressing, place all of the dressing ingredients into a jar and shake until well combined. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Stir in the chopped mint.
To serve, divide the salad among six serving plates and top each salad with a portion of squid.