Apple, pork and cheddar burger with chips
For the chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g/5½oz potato (about 1 large potato), peeled and cut lengthways into thin chips
For the burger
- 2 sausages, skins removed
- 30g/1oz cheddar, crumbled
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 3 sage leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ apple, grated
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the chips, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the chips for 15 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
For the burger, combine the sausage meat, crumbled cheddar, onion, mustard, sage leaves, apple and Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Shape into a patty.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
To serve, top the burger with the sliced cheddar. Serve on a plate with the chips and garnish with the chives.