Apple, cherry and marzipan pie
30 mins to 1 hour
Put some tart into your pie with dried sour cherries. The combination of apples, dried cherries and cubes of sweet marzipan is irresistible.
Equipment and preparation: you will need a 23cm/9in ceramic pie dish.
For the pastry
For the filling
- 1 lemon, zest only
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 60g/2¼oz caster sugar
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 3 Braeburn apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm/½in thick slices
- 3 Cox apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm/½in thick slices
- 200g/7oz marzipan, cut into small cubes
- 150g/5½oz dried sour cherries
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt