- Con brio(11 mins)
- Piano Concerto No 1 in E flat major(18 mins)
- Tannhäuser – overture(14 mins)
- Götterdämmerung – Dawn and Siegfried’s Rhine Journey(20 mins)
- Götterdämmerung – Siegfried's Death and Funeral March
- The Mastersingers of Nuremberg – overture(10 mins)
About This Event
Daniel Barenboim returns with his orchestra of young Arabs and Israelis, and with another iconic musician, Martha Argerich. Composer Jörg Widmann harnessed the energy of Beethoven’s fast movements in the ‘exercise in fury and rhythmic insistence’ that is his Con brio.
After Liszt’s thunderously virtuosic First Piano Concerto, Daniel Barenboim – who conducted Wagner’s Ring cycle at the Proms in 2013 – concludes with powerful excerpts from three of the composer’s operas.