- Masquerade(5 mins)BBC commission: world premiere
- The Mastersingers of Nuremberg – overture(10 mins)
- Chichester Psalms(19 mins)
- The Lark Ascending(12 mins)
- The Building of the House(5 mins)
- Chérubin – 'Je suis gris! je suis ivre!'(2 mins)
- Xerxes – 'Frondi tenere e belle ... Ombra mai fù'(4 mins)
- La donna del lago – 'Tanti affetti in tal momento!'(4 mins)
- Candide – overture(5 mins)
- Candide – Make our Garden Grow(5 mins)
- Nabucco(4 mins)
- Over the Rainbow(5 mins)
- Csárdás(6 mins)
- Londonderry Air (Danny Boy)(4 mins)
- Carousel – 'You'll never walk alone'(6 mins)
- The Sea Reivers(4 mins)
- HMS Trinidad March(4 mins)UK premiere
- Rule, Britannia!(7 mins)
- Pomp and Circumstance March No 1 in D major, 'Land of Hope and Glory'(6 mins)
- Jerusalem (orch. Elgar)(4 mins)
- The National Anthem (arr. Britten)(2 mins)
About this event
The Last Night begins with a celebratory new work by Anna Clyne and includes a rare performance of Britten’s 1967 overture for chorus and orchestra The Building of the House, a touch of Broadway magic and the sound of a glass ceiling being broken as Marin Alsop takes charge of her first Last Night.
Nigel Kennedy and Joyce DiDonato are the star soloists in a programme that picks up sea-faring themes from Bantock and George Lloyd and includes a translatlantic flavour.
Watch and listen to more music by Wagner at the Proms.
Watch and listen to more music by Britten at the Proms.
Watch all the Last Night celebrations from the Royal Albert Hall and Proms in the Park events