- Music for the Royal Fireworks(15 mins)(arr. Manze)
- Aria 'Ah! perfido'(13 mins)
- Fantasia and Fugue in C minor, BWV 537, Op 86 (orch. Edward Elgar)
- Fidelio – overture(7 mins)
- Fidelio – 'Abscheulicher! … Komm, Hoffnung, lass den letzten Stern'(8 mins)
- Symphony No 5 in C minor(35 mins)
About This Event
Proms founder-conductor Henry Wood’s tradition of composer-themed nights continues here with Beethoven.
The composer’s revolutionary Fifth Symphony provides the climax of a programme that also includes music from his dramatic ‘rescue’ opera Fidelio.
Bach’s music was a passion shared by Beethoven and Wood, and is represented here by Elgar’s orchestration of the Fantasia and Fugue in C minor for organ.
Approx. end time: 21:50
Image: Elizabeth Watts © Marco Borggreve