- Overture in the Baroque Style (improvisation)(5 mins)
- Chorale Prelude 'Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland', BWV 659(4 mins)
- Evocation III (on 'Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland')(5 mins)UK premiere
- Chorale Prelude 'Jauchz, Erd, und Himmel, juble hell', Op. 67 No. 15(3 mins)
- Chorale No. 2 in B minor(14 mins)
- Adagio in D flat major, S759(5 mins)
- Triptych on Themes by Liszt (improvisation)(15 mins)
- Thierry Escaichorgan
About this event
The second of this year's organ recitals is given by the mercurial organist of St-Étienne-du-Mont in Paris, a composer and improviser of renown who is new to the Royal Albert Hall and its mighty instrument.
His programme contrasts chorales by Bach, Reger and Franck, recalls the spirit of Bach in his own Evocation III, and concludes with an extended improvisation in homage to Liszt.
There will be no interval