- Alessandro - Overture(6 mins)
- Artemisia(5 mins)– overture
- Olimpiade(5 mins)– 'E mi lasci così?' ... 'Ne' giorni tuoi felici'
- Phaeton(10 mins)– suite
- Giustino(9 mins)– 'Vedrò con mio diletto'
- Orfeo ed Euridice(10 mins)– Dance of the Blessed Spirits; Dance of the Furies
- Iphigénie en Aulide(4 mins)– 'Ma fille, Jupiter'
- Olimpiade(7 mins)– 'Scogli, oh Dio! le sue catene'
About this event
The first Greek orchestra ever to appear at the Proms, Armonia Atenea is joined by its Artistic Director George Petrou to present a programme with an appropriately classical flavour. Greek myths form the thread through a Baroque labyrinth of arias and overtures from French, German and Italian operas, including Gluck’s Orphée, Handel’s Arianna in Creta and Lully’s Phaeton. Furies rage, sons defy their fathers and heroines bewail their fate in what promises to be a concert of high drama.
There will be no interval
Booking Fee Information