- Symphony in B minor, ‘Hamburg’(10 mins)
- Violin Concerto in D major, RV 234 'L'inquietudine'(7 mins)
- Burlesque de Quixotte(15 mins)
- Violin Concerto in E major(17 mins)
- Brandenburg Concerto No 5 in D major, BWV 1050(22 mins)
About this event
Apollo’s Fire – otherwise known as the Cleveland Baroque Orchestra – has been a lively force in early music for over 20 years. Now, under director Jeanette Sorrell, this quirky, energetic band makes its BBC Proms debut in the second of this season’s early music Proms Saturday Matinees. The ensemble is joined by violinist Alina Ibragimova, soloist in much-loved concertos by Bach and Vivaldi. Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No. 5, with its brilliant writing for harpsichord and its bittersweet slow movement, and music from Telemann’s vividly colourful suite following the adventures of Cervantes’s knight-errant Don Quixote, complete the mix.
There will be no interval