- Coronation Anthem 'Zadok the Priest'
- Organ Concerto in F major"Cuckoo and the nightingale"
- Coronation Anthem 'My heart is inditing'
- Coronation Anthem 'The king shall rejoice'
- Dixit Dominus, HWV 232
Three of Handel’s Coronation Anthems and his Dixit Dominus give the BBC Singers and St James’ Baroque the chance to shine in much-loved music.
Handel, newly naturalised a British citizen by George I, was asked to write the coronation anthems for his successor, George II and his queen, Caroline. He gave us four magnificent choral works, three of which we hear in this concert, and one of which, Zadok the Priest, has been heard at every British coronation since 1727. Stephen Farr joins St James’ Baroque for Handel’s delightful ‘The Cuckoo and the Nightingale’ organ concerto before the concert closes with Handel’s thrilling Dixit Dominus, a work from his early years in Italy. Sofi Jeannin returns to London and the BBC Singers for this stirring celebration of Handel.
- Prom 54: Duke Ellington’s Sacred Music29 Aug 2019 Royal Albert Hall
- Prom 75: Last Night of the Proms14 Sep 2019 Royal Albert Hall
- Sofi Jeannin conducts the world premiere of Rachel Portman’s Earth Song27 Sep 2019 St Paul's Knightsbridge, London
- Sofi Jeannin conducts Weir, Tüür and Messiaen18 Oct 2019 Milton Court, London