Radiohead guitarist and former BBC Concert Orchestra composer-in-residence, Jonny Greenwood performs Reich’s legendary piece for electric guitar and tape, Electric Counterpoint – and plays the early electronic instrument ondes martenot with the orchestra on his own score from Oscar-winning film There Will Be Blood.
Górecki’s Symphony No. 3, also known as Symphony of Sorrowful Songs, is recognised as one of the most affecting and spellbinding works of the late 20th century. Inspired by stories of children separated from their families during World War II, the piece premiered in 1977 and – since its release by Nonesuch in 1992 – it has become one of the biggest classical music sellers of all time.
Produced by the Barbican.
- Royal Albert Hall Presents Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets™ in Concert27 Apr 2018 Royal Albert Hall
- Friday Night is Music Night: Rollin' on the River4 May 2018 Big Top, Cheltenham
- Truro Cathedral Choir Concert11 May 2018 Truro Cathedral
- BBC Worldwide and Royal Albert Hall Presents Planet Earth II Live in Concert13 May 2018 Royal Albert Hall
- The Queen's Birthday Party21 Apr 2018 Royal Albert Hall
- Tyondai Braxton TELEKINESIS18 Apr 2018 Southbank Centre, London
- Friday Night is Music Night: Sir Michael Parkinson, Our Kind of Music14 Apr 2018 London Palladium
- Friday Night is Music Night: An evening with Jason Robert Brown11 Apr 2018 London Palladium