- La princesse jaune – overture(7 mins)
- Lakmé – ballet music(6 mins)
- Piano Concerto No 5 in F major, 'Egyptian'(25 mins)
- Les Djinns(12 mins)
- Namouna – Suite No. 1
- Namouna – Suite No. 2(22 mins)
- Samson and Delilah – Bacchanal(8 mins)
About This Event
An all-French programme inspired by the East, from the fragrant Indian gardens of Delibes’s Lakmé and the eroticism of Samson and Delilah, to Corfu with the adventures of Lalo’s Namouna.
Oriental demons surface in Les Djinns, complementing the vibrantly coloured music of Java and the Middle East that suffuses Saint-Saëns’s ‘Egyptian’ Piano Concerto.
Image: Cédric Tiberghien © Jean-Baptiste Millot