As part of the Total Immersion celebrations exploring the music of Villa Lobos, BBC SO Learning are creating an exciting new piece, ‘Contracanto’ inspired by the music of Villa Lobos, that will be premiered on the Barbican Freestage at 7.00pm on the 8th March!
The piece will feature massed forces of children’s voices, samba drummers, young instrumentalists and a brass band, but we also need you! We’re recruiting a chorus to join the group, with singers of all ages, voices and levels of experience. Children and adults are welcome alike, and you don’t need to be able to read music, but children will need to be aged 10 and above and accompanied by parents in the chorus. You’ll need to be available on:
Sunday 2 March 2014 – 10.30 – 5.30pm, rehearsal at Maida Vale Studio
Saturday 8th March 2014 – Times TBC, but afternoon rehearsal and 7pm performance at the Barbican
Singers will be recruited on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please apply to take part by following the 'Book your place' link, and selecting ‘Villa-Lobos chorus’ from the drop-down menu.
- Proms 2017 Prom 13: Malcolm Sargent's 500th Prom24 Jul 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 18: Sirens and Scheherazade28 Jul 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 29: Mussorgsky – Khovanshchina6 Aug 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 39: Debussy, Ravel and Mark-Anthony Turnage14 Aug 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 7: Berlioz's Symphonie fantastique19 Jul 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 1: First Night of the Proms14 Jul 2017 Royal Albert Hall
- BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus 2017-18 Season BBC Symphony Orchestra in Bad Kissingen25 Jun 2017 Regentenbau, Max-Littmann-Saal
- BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus 2017-18 Season BBC Symphony Orchestra in Bad Kissingen24 Jun 2017 Regentenbau, Max-Littmann-Saal