- Chamber Symphony No. 1 in E major, Op 9(22 mins)
- Concerto for violin, cello and piano in C major, 'Triple Concerto'(35 mins)
- Symphony No 4 in F minor(43 mins)
- Valse triste(6 mins)Encore
- Ruslan and Lyudmila – overture(4 mins)– Overture Encore
- El firulete(3 mins)Encore
About this event
Daniel Barenboim returns to the Proms, this time as both conductor and soloist, taking the piano part in Beethoven’s Triple Concerto. Schoenberg’s Chamber Symphony startled audiences with its ruthless concision – a reaction against the excesses of the late-Romantics. But excess gets the last word, in Tchaikovsky’s Fourth Symphony, the musical expression of some of its composer’s most-troubled and heartfelt emotions.