On Thursday 13 and Friday 14 March, the BBC Concert Orchestra packed up their truck and headed to the East of England to perform MusicMix in Great Yarmouth and King's Lynn.
MusicMix is the BBC Concert Orchestra's free schools concert which was specially designed to engage and inspire students at Key Stage 3. Featuring the full forces of the orchestra, the concert takes the audience on a journey from classical to contemporary music with a few surprises along the way.
The concerts were presented by BBC's Rebecca Keatley and students from Sheringham High School Tilda Fassih and Sam Thompson. Welcomed onto the stage to perform with the orchestra were students from: Aylsham High School, Flegg High School, Alderman Peel High School, Thetford Academy and young rock band The Rumble.
We had a great time, and hopefully inspired the next generation of orchestral musicians. But don't take our word from it, here's BBC Schools Reporters Ophena and Molly's report from the concert they watched in King's Lynn. Plus take a look at the photos, BBC Look East report and special interview with Ophena, Molly, Tilda and Sam.
BBC Concert Orchestra Learning Manager
MusicMix is produced in partnership with Orchestras Live.
Digwyddiadau ar y Gorwel
- Friday Night Is Music Night: Gregory Porter and Friends2018 Ion 28 London Coliseum
- Friday Night Is Music Night: Russell Grant's Overtures and Beginners2018 Chwef 2 Watford Colosseum, Watford
- Frozen Planet in Concert2018 Chwef 17 Snape Maltings Concert Hall
- Friday Night Is Music Night: Conchita!2018 Chwef 25 London Palladium
- Friday Night is Music Night: Chichester Festival Theatre2018 Ion 19 Chichester Festival Theatre
- Britten and Holst meet the American Songbook2018 Ion 11 Watford Colosseum, Watford
- Family Orchestra and Chorus: Christmas Special!2017 Rhag 16 Maida Vale Studios
- Live Afternoon Concert with BBC Radio 32017 Rhag 12 Watford Colosseum, Watford