On Thursday 13 and Friday 14 March, the BBC Concert Orchestra packed up their truck and headed to the East of England to perform MusicMix in Great Yarmouth and King's Lynn.
MusicMix is the BBC Concert Orchestra's free schools concert which was specially designed to engage and inspire students at Key Stage 3. Featuring the full forces of the orchestra, the concert takes the audience on a journey from classical to contemporary music with a few surprises along the way.
The concerts were presented by BBC's Rebecca Keatley and students from Sheringham High School Tilda Fassih and Sam Thompson. Welcomed onto the stage to perform with the orchestra were students from: Aylsham High School, Flegg High School, Alderman Peel High School, Thetford Academy and young rock band The Rumble.
We had a great time, and hopefully inspired the next generation of orchestral musicians. But don't take our word from it, here's BBC Schools Reporters Ophena and Molly's report from the concert they watched in King's Lynn. Plus take a look at the photos, BBC Look East report and special interview with Ophena, Molly, Tilda and Sam.
BBC Concert Orchestra Learning Manager
MusicMix is produced in partnership with Orchestras Live.
- The Queen's Birthday Party21 Apr 2018 Royal Albert Hall
- Royal Albert Hall Presents Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets™ in Concert27 Apr 2018 Royal Albert Hall
- Friday Night is Music Night: Rollin' on the River4 May 2018 Big Top, Cheltenham
- Truro Cathedral Choir Concert11 May 2018 Truro Cathedral
- Tyondai Braxton TELEKINESIS18 Apr 2018 Southbank Centre, London
- Friday Night is Music Night: Sir Michael Parkinson, Our Kind of Music14 Apr 2018 London Palladium
- Friday Night is Music Night: An evening with Jason Robert Brown11 Apr 2018 London Palladium
- Easter at King's30 Mar 2018 King's College Cambridge