- Sacred and Profane
- Rejoice in the Lamb, Op 30
- Noye's Fludde, Op 59
Michael Crawford joins the BBC Singers for the dramatic tale of Noah’s Ark, brought to life in the stunning setting of Southwark Cathedral.
Hear legendary entertainer and original cast member Michael Crawford in the speaking role of the Voice of God, plus amateur instrumentalists depicting animals and nature through magical musical effects under conductor Martyn Brabbins, in a performance celebrating the 60th anniversary of Britten’s Noye’s Fludde in the place where it received its London premiere. See members of Finchley Children’s Music Group, founded by Britten following the London premiere of his one-act community opera, represent the pairs of animals that joined Noah and his wife in the ark.
Enjoy Britten’s quirky cantata Rejoice in the lamb and Sacred and Profane, eight medieval lyrics that explore the theme of mortality and dates from towards the end of Britten’s life.
Please note that seats are unreserved in each area and doors open at 6.30 pm. If you would like a drink during the interval, you might like to consider buying a drinks voucher at the same time as your ticket in order to cut down on queuing time.
Part ofBBC Singers 2017-18 Season
- Prom 54: Duke Ellington’s Sacred Music29 Aug 2019 Royal Albert Hall
- Prom 75: Last Night of the Proms14 Sep 2019 Royal Albert Hall
- Sofi Jeannin conducts the world premiere of Rachel Portman’s Earth Song27 Sep 2019 St Paul's Knightsbridge, London
- Sofi Jeannin conducts Weir, Tüür and Messiaen18 Oct 2019 Milton Court, London