- The Mad Man with a Box(3 mins)
- I Am The Doctor(5 mins)
- Carmen Suite No 2 (Habanera)(2 mins)
- The Companions(7 mins)
- Cyber Shard(5 mins)
- Toccata and Fugue in D minor (orch. Stokowski)(4 mins)– excerpt
- The Final Chapter of Amelia Pond(7 mins)
- The Rings of Akhaten(6 mins)
- All the Strange, Strange Creatures(4 mins)
- The Impossible Girl(4 mins)
- Préludes, Book 1 - No 8, La fille aux cheveux de lin(3 mins)
- First There Were Daleks(5 mins)
- The Name of The Doctor(8 mins)
- Song for Fifty(11 mins)
About this event
Programme to include:
Murray Gold Music from the Doctor Who series
and other music from the series, including the Habanera from Bizet’s Carmen Suite No. 2, Debussy’s ‘La fille aux cheveux de lin’ and Bach’s Toccata and Fugue in D minor
London Philharmonic Choir
BBC National Orchestra of Wales
Ben Foster conductor
Doctor Who returns to the Proms to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the popular BBC series. As well as showcasing Murray Gold’s music from the past eight years, the concert also journeys back to the early days of Doctor Who and the groundbreaking work of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.
Featuring special guests from the series, big screens and a host of monsters ready to invade the Royal Albert Hall, this is not the year to be exterminated!
There will be one interval
Update Sunday 11am:
Watch highlight video clips from Saturday's recording for television of this Doctor Who Prom.
Watch the first one here.
Download an interview with Dr Who composer Murray Gold