- Slavonic Dance in C major, Op 46, No 1(5 mins)
- 8 Slavonic Dances, Op 72 - No 2 in E minor(6 mins)
- Slavonic Dance in G minor, Op. 46 No. 8(5 mins)
- Piano Concerto in A minor(28 mins)
- Lyric PiecesTo the Spring, Op. 43 No. 6 (encore)
- Roscatha(11 mins)
- Riverdance: A Symphonic Suite(25 mins)UK premiere
About this event
This year’s Free Prom is a Bank Holiday matinee bursting with dance rhythms and colour – the perfect chance to experience the Proms for the first time.
A trio of Dvořák’s colourful, folk-inspired Slavonic Dances opens the concert and Grieg’s Piano Concerto, with its lively dance-themed finale and Norwegian folk echoes, continues the mood; the soloist is BBC Radio 3 New Generation Artist Zhang Zuo, making her Proms debut.
The concert ends in the Ulster Orchestra’s Irish musical heartland with Bax’s tone-poem Roscatha and Bill Whelan’s new Riverdance suite – adapted from his music for the ever-popular stage show.
Tickets for this free Prom will be available from 9am on Friday 4 July. To book your free ticket, click here.