- Descobrimento do Brasil – Primeira missa no Brasil
- Bachianas Brasileiras No 5
- Chôros No. 8, for two pianos and orchestra
- Symphony No. 9
- Chôros No. 10 'Rasga o coração'
The first Parisian performance of Chôros 10 provoked a storm, one critic writing, ‘it is an art ... to which we must give a new name.' This exciting piece uses a chorus instrumentally in furiously contrapuntal rhythmic patter, brass and wind providing bizarre bird calls and monkey chatter. There's no doubt Villa-Lobos was an iconoclast whose raw, zestful music gave expression to a vibrant new polyglot culture. Twice thrown out of the conservatoire he took as much from his experience as a café musician as he did from his beloved Bach. We welcome Celso Antunes from Sao Paolo to conduct the BBC Singers, and soprano Anu Komsi, who is soloist in the popular and beautiful Bachiana brasileira No. 5.
Imeachtaí eile ar 8 Márta 2014
- BBC Symphony Orchestra at Maida Vale15 Noll 2017 BBC Maida Vale Studios, London
- BBC Symphony Chorus at Maida Vale for Christmas17 Noll 2017 BBC Maida Vale Studios, London
- Logical Family: An Evening with Armistead Maupin and the BBC Symphony Orchestra19 Noll 2017 Barbican, London
- A feast from Finland: Sibelius Symphonies No. 2 & 76 Ean 2018 Barbican, London