- Descobrimento do Brasil – Primeira missa no Brasil
- Bachianas Brasileiras No 5
- Chôros No. 8, for two pianos and orchestra
- Symphony No. 9
- Chôros No. 10 'Rasga o coração'
The first Parisian performance of Chôros 10 provoked a storm, one critic writing, ‘it is an art ... to which we must give a new name.' This exciting piece uses a chorus instrumentally in furiously contrapuntal rhythmic patter, brass and wind providing bizarre bird calls and monkey chatter. There's no doubt Villa-Lobos was an iconoclast whose raw, zestful music gave expression to a vibrant new polyglot culture. Twice thrown out of the conservatoire he took as much from his experience as a café musician as he did from his beloved Bach. We welcome Celso Antunes from Sao Paolo to conduct the BBC Singers, and soprano Anu Komsi, who is soloist in the popular and beautiful Bachiana brasileira No. 5.
Digwyddiadau Eraill yn 2014 Mawrth 8
Digwyddiadau ar y Gorwel
- Proms 2017 Prom 29: Mussorgsky – Khovanshchina2017 Awst 6 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 39: Debussy, Ravel and Mark-Anthony Turnage2017 Awst 14 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 45: Mahler – ‘Resurrection’ Symphony2017 Awst 18 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 51: Sibelius, Saint-Saens and Elgar–Payne2017 Awst 22 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 18: Sirens and Scheherazade2017 Gorff 28 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 13: Malcolm Sargent's 500th Prom2017 Gorff 24 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 7: Berlioz's Symphonie fantastique2017 Gorff 19 Royal Albert Hall
- Proms 2017 Prom 1: First Night of the Proms2017 Gorff 14 Royal Albert Hall