About This Event
Canellakis made an exciting debut with the BBCSO at the 2017 BBC Proms, and we’re delighted to welcome her back to conduct Beethoven – music with which she has made her name both in Europe and the US.
The concert also features the UK premiere of Alle Tage, a song symphony for baritone by Thomas Larcher – the utterly original Austrian composer The Times recently described as “…one of this century’s wonders”, whose music combines shimmering lyricism with motoric rhythmic thrust.
- Sakari Oramo conducts Mahler, Mozart and Larcher22 Feb 2019 Barbican, London
- Ligeti's Musica ricerata, 10 Pieces for Wind Quintet, Horn Trio2 Mar 2019 Milton Court
- Talk: Ligeti, the man and the music2 Mar 2019 Barbican, London
- Ligeti Choral Music with the BBC Singers2 Mar 2019 St Giles' Cripplegate, London
- A Berlioz Celebration17 Feb 2019 Saffron Hall, Saffron Walden
- Alexander Vedernikov conducts Shostakovich’s emotionally-charged epic Fourth Symphony13 Feb 2019 Barbican, London
- Karina Canellakis conducts Beethoven and a UK premiere by Thomas Larcher8 Feb 2019 Barbican, London
- John Butt conducts Bach's B Minor Mass2 Feb 2019 Barbican, London