- Festive Overture, Op 96
- Piano Concerto No 2 in G minor
- La mer
- Coronation Anthem 'Zadok the Priest'
- New workworld premiere
- Rule, Britannia! (arr. Sargent)
- Pomp and Circumstance March No 1 in D major, 'Land of Hope and Glory'
A great music festival should always have a party to end with and the Last Night of the Proms has become one of the best-known and best-loved musical events of the international calendar.
Featuring much-loved classics from Shostakovich and Debussy, Proms soloist Benjamin Grosvenor performs Saint-Saëns’s Second Piano Concerto, described by one contemporary wit as ‘starting with Bach and ending with Offenbach’; the BBC Singers join the orchestra for Handel’s most popular anthem, Zadok the Priest, written for the Coronation of King George II in 1727, and virtuoso oud player Joseph Tawadros gives the world premiere of his new work, hot on the heels of his quartet’s late-night BBC Proms Dubai concert of jazz-traditional fusion.
Add to this the traditional musical elements of the Last Night – Henry Wood’s Fantasia on British Sea-Songs and Elgar’s Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1 – with the whole evening presided over by Edward Gardner, a frequent guest both of the BBC Proms and the BBC Symphony Orchestra – and you have an unmissable event to mark the culmination of the first BBC Proms Dubai festival.
Promming (standing) tickets for the Last Night of the Proms will be eligible for purchase only to customers who have bought tickets to at least one of the five other Proms concerts at Dubai Opera.
Notification on how to purchase the promming (standing) tickets for the Last Night of the Proms will be shared via email to all customers who have bought tickets to at least one of the five other Proms concerts.
Part ofBBC Proms Dubai
Other Events on 24 Mar 2017
- Film: The Curious World of Hieronymous Bosch7 Dec 2019 Barbican, London
- Chamber Music & Songs by Detlev Glanert and his teacher, Henze7 Dec 2019 Milton Court
- Talk: Glanert, the man and the music7 Dec 2019 Barbican, London
- Semyon Bychkov conducts Detlev Glanert's Requiem for Hieronymous Bosch7 Dec 2019 Barbican, London
- Family Total Immersion: Lift Off!1 Dec 2019 Barbican, London
- Mei-Ann Chen conducts the BBC Symphony Orchestra at Maida Vale28 Nov 2019 BBC Maida Vale Studios, London
- Ryan Bancroft conducts the BBC Symphony Orchestra at Maida Vale22 Nov 2019 BBC Maida Vale Studios, London
- Brad Lubman conducts the BBC Symphony Orchestra at Maida Vale19 Nov 2019 Maida Vale Studios