- Raiders March from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'(5 mins)
- Overture to 'Goodbye, Mr. Chips'(4 mins)
- Main Theme from 'Jaws'(3 mins)
- March from 'Superman'(4 mins)
- Suite for Cello and Orchestra from Memoirs of a Geisha: No. 1 Sayuri's Theme(5 mins)
- The Tale of Viktor Navorski from 'The Terminal'(4 mins)
- Dartmoor, 1912 from 'War Horse'(7 mins)
- 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone' - Hedwig's Theme(5 mins)
- A Child’s Tale: Suite from the BFG(5 mins)
- Flying Theme from 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial'(4 mins)
- Suite from J.F.K., 1st mvt: Theme from J.F.K(4 mins)
- Prayer for Peace from 'Munich'(4 mins)
- Dry Your Tears, Afrika from 'Amistad'(4 mins)
- Devil's Dance from 'The Witches of Eastwick'(5 mins)
- Escapades (No. 3) for Alto Saxophone and Orchestra from 'Catch me if you Can'(5 mins)
- March of the Resistance from 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'(2 mins)
- Rey's Theme from 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'(3 mins)
- Main Title from 'Star Wars: A New Hope'(4 mins)
About This Event
Winner of five Academy Awards, 22 Grammy Awards and seven BAFTAs, John Williams is among the greatest of film composers. His scores for Star Wars, Harry Potter, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial and the Indiana Jones films have made him a household name.
The BBC Proms celebrates his extraordinary achievements in a concert to mark Williams's 85th birthday. Keith Lockhart – a long-time colleague of Williams at the Boston Pops Orchestra – conducts the BBC Concert Orchestra in an evening featuring excerpts from the composer's best-loved scores, as well as some lesser-known gems.
Tickets for this concert are now very limited. However, if you missed out, we recommend that you join us for the Hallé’s Beyond the Score ® on Wednesday 23 August. Explore Dvořák’s Symphony No 9 in a special performance combining actors, projections and live musical examples. See below for more details.
Broadcast on 21 July at 8pm on BBC Four.
Image: Keith Lockhart © Marco Borggreve