- The Carousel Waltz
- Night Journeysfrom Dracula: A Love Story
- Tristan and Isolde – Prelude and Liebestod
- The Cunning Little Vixen (suite)
- Love Scene from "Four Weddings and a Funeral"
- Sweeney Todd: A Little Priest
- Death Becomes Her
- Carousel – 'You'll never walk alone'
About this event
Death as you’ve never experienced it.
The BBC Concert Orchestra and conductor Keith Lockhart shine a light into some of the murkier corners of murder and mortality, exploring death and spirituality in music from the stage and screen. This concert will be presented by Simon Callow including a reading of W. H. Auden’s poem 'Stop all the Clocks' which featured in the film 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'.
With live performances from musical theatre star Anna-Jane Casey, the evening includes the famous Carousel Waltz, Janacek’s eternal cycle of life and death in a suite from The Cunning Little Vixen, Wagner’s Liebestod from Tristan und Isolde and everything in between.
Powerful, poignant and alternative, we know you’re dying to attend.
Part of Southbank Centre's 'Belief and Beyond Belief' festival, which explores the music, art, culture, science, philosophy, ritual and traditions that have risen out of religion in its many guises.
- BBC Radio 3 Afternoon Concert: Witched, Wardrobes and Wonderlands11 Dec 2020 BBC Radio 3 Afternoon Concert
- A Choral Christmas with Bob Chilcott, Jess Gillam and Katie Melua15 Dec 2020 Barbican, London
- Unclassified Live: Bryce Dessner, Julia Holter & Aïsha Devi28 Apr 2021 Southbank Centre, London
- Sound of TV19 May 2021 Southbank Centre, London
- Abel's Jazz Takeover20 Nov 2020 Southbank Centre, London
- BBC Concert Orchestra: Afternoon Concert13 Nov 2020 BBC Radio 3 Afternoon Concert
- BBC Concert Orchestra: Afternoon Concert12 Nov 2020 BBC Radio 3 Afternoon Concert
- BBC Concert Orchestra: Afternoon Concert11 Nov 2020 BBC Radio 3 Afternoon Concert