Have you ever wondered what it’s like to play in the BBC Symphony Orchestra? Find out at our next Come and Play day, where we’ll be inviting amateur musicians to BBC Maida Vale Studios to rehearse alongside members of the BBC SO, under the baton of professional conductor Michael Seal.
Whether you regularly play in an orchestra or group, or if you haven’t played in an ensemble for several years, this is a chance to come and play through fantastic symphonic works with some the UK’s top orchestral musicians by your side, and get top tips from our musicians and a leading conductor.
You can sign up for either the morning or afternoon session, and if there’s space you can join us for both! If you’re applying for both sessions, please state which is your preferred session, in case we are only able to offer you space in one. Make sure you select carefully from the drop down menu at the top of the sign up form.
10.30 – 13.30: Mussorgsky arr. Ravel Pictures at an Exhibition
14.30 – 17.30: Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 6
It’s free to take part but places must be booked in advance and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis per section. To take part, you need to be aged 14 or above, and of approximately grade 7 standard or above. Participants under the age of 16 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
You’ll be able to download a copy of your part in advance, and we’ll send you the details of how you can do this.
Please note we now only have availability for double bass players.
Any other applications will be added to a waiting list.
Part ofGet Involved
- BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus 2016-17 season Sound Unbound: The Barbican Classical Weekender29 Apr 2017 Barbican, London
- BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus 2016-17 season An introduction to Edgard Varèse6 May 2017 Barbican, London
- BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus 2016-17 season Guildhall New Music Ensemble perform Varèse6 May 2017 Milton Court Concert Hall
- BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus 2016-17 season Free Performance6 May 2017 Barbican, London
- BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus 2016-17 season John Adams conducts Doctor Atomic25 Apr 2017 Barbican, London
- BBC Symphony Orchestra & Chorus 2016-17 season Jiří Bělohlávek conducts the BBC Symphony Chorus in Dvořák's Requiem13 Apr 2017 Barbican, London
- BBC Proms Dubai BBC Proms Dubai: Prom 6 'Last Night of the Proms'24 Mar 2017 Dubai Opera, Dubai
- BBC Proms Dubai BBC Proms Dubai: Prom 323 Mar 2017 Dubai Opera, Dubai