- Hiawatha’s Wedding Feast’ - Onaway, Awake Beloved(6 mins)
- The Mountebanks – All Alone to My Eerie….Whispering Breeze(5 mins)
- The Boatswains Mate ‘Overture’(7 mins)
- Iolanthe - 'When I Went to the Bar'(2 mins)
- So it’s kisses you’re craving(5 mins)
- The Birds’ – Suite – Introduction, Intermezzo, Bridal March(12 mins)
- Prelude to Act IV of ‘The Tempest’(5 mins)
- Trial by Jury(45 mins)
About This Event
The magnificent theatre at Alexandra Palace originally opened in 1875 – the same year that Gilbert and Sullivan’s one-act operetta Trial by Jury was premiered. In this special ‘Proms at …’ event, Jane Glover conducts a concert performance of this Victorian comic masterpiece in the Palace’s theatre as its ambitious new refurbishment reaches completion. A first half of music by Sullivan’s contemporaries explores that favourite G&S theme of love and marriage.
Image: Mary Bevan © Victoria Cadisch
As this event will take place prior to the full completion of the renovation works in the theatre, there are limited Promming tickets available. £6 tickets will be available online only.