Join the BBC Symphony Orchestra and conductor Pierre-André Valade for an afternoon of invigorating contemporary orchestral music at the BBC Maida Vale Studios.
The concert features works by two great French composers Olivier Messiaen and Édith Canat de Chizy, and world premieres by composers from Sound and Music’s prestigious Embedded artistic development programme.
This concert is recorded for future broadcast on BBC Radio 3’s Afternoon on 3.
Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that as not everyone who asks for tickets uses them, to make sure we have a full house we send out more tickets than there are places. We do our best to get the numbers right, but unfortunately we occasionally have to disappoint people so please arrive early.
- Sakari Oramo conducts Mahler, Mozart and Larcher22 Feb 2019 Barbican, London
- Ligeti's Musica ricerata, 10 Pieces for Wind Quintet, Horn Trio2 Mar 2019 Milton Court
- Talk: Ligeti, the man and the music2 Mar 2019 Barbican, London
- Ligeti Choral Music with the BBC Singers2 Mar 2019 St Giles' Cripplegate, London
- A Berlioz Celebration17 Feb 2019 Saffron Hall, Saffron Walden
- Alexander Vedernikov conducts Shostakovich’s emotionally-charged epic Fourth Symphony13 Feb 2019 Barbican, London
- Karina Canellakis conducts Beethoven and a UK premiere by Thomas Larcher8 Feb 2019 Barbican, London
- John Butt conducts Bach's B Minor Mass2 Feb 2019 Barbican, London