Music from Sweden
Join the BBC Symphony Orchestra at Maida Vale Studios for a concert of Swedish orchestral music.
The concert opens with Transit Underground, a powerful and rhythmic piece from one of Sweden's premiere young contemporary composers, Tobias Broström. Immerse yourself into Nordic landscapes with the rich colourful romantic sounds of Alfvén’s Mountain King Suite and the finale, Gothe’s intense and brooding Second Symphony. Hear pianist Clare Hammond give a delightful solo interlude, with piano music from early twentieth century Swedish composer Ture Rangström.
Please note this concert is now fully booked.
Part ofBe in the Audience
- Film: Leonard Bernstein, Young People’s Concerts – What Is Impressionism?27 Jan 2018 Barbican, London
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama perform Bernstein27 Jan 2018 Milton Court
- Total Immersion Leonard Bernstein: The man and the music27 Jan 2018 Barbican, London
- Free Performance27 Jan 2018 Barbican, London
- Josep Pons conducts two terrific and colourful Spanish scores19 Jan 2018 Barbican, London
- A feast from Finland: Sibelius Symphonies No. 2 & 76 Jan 2018 Barbican, London
- Logical Family: An Evening with Armistead Maupin and the BBC Symphony Orchestra19 Dec 2017 Barbican, London
- BBC Symphony Chorus at Maida Vale for Christmas17 Dec 2017 BBC Maida Vale Studios, London