- Gayane – Sabre Dance (transcr. Kiviniemi)(3 mins)
- El amor brujo – Ritual fire dance (transcr. Latry)(5 mins)
- Adagio in F major (for mechanical clock)(5 mins)
- Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
- Air célèbre de la Pentecôte(3 mins)
- Prelude and Fugue on the name BACH, S 260(14 mins)(arr. Guillou)
- Bach's Memento – No. 4: Marche du veilleur de nuit(4 mins)
- Danse macabre (arr. Lemare)(8 mins)
- Olivier Latryorgan
About This Event
Celebrated French organist Olivier Latry returns to the Proms for the first time in over a decade for a programme centred around transcriptions and arrangements for the ‘King of Instruments’.
The organist of Paris’s Notre-Dame Cathedral roams through 250 years of music in a wide-ranging recital programme that stretches from Bach to Falla.
There’s a rhythmic charge to the recital, which includes virtuosic transcriptions of Khachaturian’s frenzied Sabre Dance, Falla’s hypnotic Ritual Fire Dance and Saint-Saëns’s devilish Danse macabre, as well as Bach’s dramatic Toccata and Fugue in D minor, and Bach arrangements by French organist-composers Widor and Gigout.
There will be no interval
Image: Olivier Latry © Deyan Parouchev