- Carmina Burana - 'O Fortuna'
- The Lion in Wintersuite
- Cantata 'Alexander Nevsky'Movements 'Song about Alexander Nevsky' & 'The Battle on the Ice'
- Henry VEpilogue
- Much Ado About Nothing'Sigh No More'
- Saving Private Ryan
- Main Theme from Schindler's List
- Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars, Episode IV: A New Hope
- 1492: Conquest of Paradise
- Gabriel’s OboeFrom The Mission
You know the moment in a film when it finally gets to the point? Redemption and joy, or perhaps damnation and pain?
There of course is the acting, the sweeping camera shots and a big orchestral score up on the big screen. But when the future ahead could be heavenly or hellish, there has to be the power of massed human voices to complete the emotional detail. Those moments – this is our concert.
Let the ‘Sound of Cinema’ fill your ears as Radio 3’s Matthew Sweet presents a concert of classic movie moments. Join the Crouch End Festival Chorus, conductor Keith Lockhart and the BBC Concert Orchestra - and a host of famous cinema composers - on a voyage that takes you all the way to Omaha beach with John Williams’ Hymn to the Fallen (Saving Private Ryan), before transporting you to another universe with the epic score Duel of the Fates (Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace). It isn’t all plain sailing though: expect some turbulence with Prokofiev’s The Battle on the Ice and the ultimate O, Fortuna from Carmina Burana.
Part of Southbank Centre’s Film Scores Live