- Hungarian Dance No. 14 in D minor (orch. I. Fischer)(3 mins)
- Hungarian Dance No. 7 in A major (orch. I. Fischer)(2 mins)
- Hungarian Dance No. 6 in D major (orch. I. Fischer)(3 mins)
- March in D major, K335/1(4 mins)
- Symphony No 8 in B minor 'Unfinished'(30 mins)
- Sphären-Klänge – waltz(8 mins)
- Vergnügungszug - quick polka, Op 281(3 mins)
- Legend in B flat minor, Op. 59 No. 10(4 mins)
- By the Beautiful Blue Danube – waltz(9 mins)
- Bandits' Galop(3 mins)
- Dances of Galánta(16 mins)
About this event
A programme of orchestral showpieces as we welcome back the Budapest Festival Orchestra. Sparkling Strauss dances are matched by a selection of Brahms’s colourful Hungarian Dances, and Kodály’s sweeping Dances of Galánta are balanced by the crisp Classical textures of Mozart’s March in D major. At the centre is Schubert’s ‘Unfinished’ Symphony, with its mood-swings and elusive harmonies.
Please note this event contains an update to the concert timing from that in BBC Proms 2014: The Official Guide.
Booking Fee Information